.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Thursday, December 26, 2002

Brad left for Toledo this morning to visit family and give them Christmas gifts
I used up my vacation days so I am staying home.

Its quiet at work. HOORAY!!

Brad got me an ornamental grass kit for my desk at work, the peat moss is soaking now.

I'm think about renting the 1st season of Oz to watch while he is away.

I still have clothes I got for Christmas to try on to see if they fit.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

I called Beth yesterday.
Beth update:
Her and Paul are staying in a hotel, they will rent a place for about 6 months while their house is being re-built.
She said she cried yesterday when she woke up, thinking about how they were supposed to have Christmas at their home, with their dog and open gifts.
Her and Paul are still very up and down, but at least able to laugh a little....its a good step.
I re-ordered a christmas gift I sent her that melted in the fire, and ordered her a gift certificate to buy clothes.
I wish I was there to hold her hand and take her to CVS or some drug store to re-stock bathroom, make-up, skincare, shampoo kinda stuff.
She still hasnt done that.
She isnt a materialistic person, and I dont think I am either but I would be upset over the stuff...not like jewelry...but like that sweater I love, and those jeans that are comfy and fit me perfect, some clothes that I love, took forever to find and make me feel good. Also the bathroom skincare stuff that is a part of my daily routine. I like my routine. My sonic care toothbrush, the crest tartar control and whitening toothpaste, floss, toner, the moisturizer that doesnt make my face too greasy, the cleaser that REALLY takes off all my makeup, my favorite shampoo. I feel comfort in these things, like a security blanket.

I plan on going through some of my old pictures of us, and making copies for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home