.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, August 01, 2003

I keep thinking I see things more from the corner of my eye.
So I stare and wait for it to move again.
It doesnt.
More than usual lately.

Dog update:
He had his stitches taken out yesterday.
Still taking chemo pills and will continue.
The last surgery was to remove a cancerous lymph node on his neck 3 weeks ago.
Now another one has come out on the other side of his neck.
Just as large as the last one, about the size of an egg.
No more surgeries.
We cant keep cutting him open every couple of months to remove stuff as they show up. Stuff keeps coming up. The pills will help slow the cancer a bit. So we will just keep doing that, and see how it goes.
When Goliath was first diagnosed, the vet said even with treatment he might live 4 months. It's been 4 months, and he is still doing fine. He is eating, playing, barking. A happy dog. The vet said he is doing good, but again thinks we will be lucky if he makes it to the end of the year.
He is just trying to manage our expectations, so we can plan for it, so maybe it will ease the pain a little when it happens.

I'm happy things worked out the way they are. That Brad isn't working so he can stay home with him. Getting more company and more attention then we were able to give him before.

He does have some poop problems. He KEEPS POOPING IN THE HOUSE!!
We let him out before we go out, and we can be gone for 30 minutes and come back and find poop on the floor. Luckily he takes hard firm shits! When I let him out in the morning, I keep telling him to go. He runs out and does a short pee. I know he just wants his food and is rushing. So nope...I want more. He starts getting mad at me, steps one paw onto the grass then shoots me a nasty glare like "are you happy?!?" and then runs back to the door. I have to be diligent. So then he starts barking at me, yelling at me that he doesnt have to go. (Yeah right), so after this routine every morning...then he finally goes poop, and I usually get another pee out of him too.
I dont know what his deal is.
He has weird anxieties.
Brad went out this morning for 20 minutes came home and was slapped in the face with stench. I call him poopy, short for sir poopsalot.

Brad update
Brad is doing well.
Has a new career lead that we are both really excited about.
GIS

This is a perfect match for him, he is all about collecting data. Loves databases, wheresgeorge.com kinda stuff, loves maps, and working with numbers. He could take classes for a year and in the meantime do an internship.
It would be a pay cut, but only for a year, and we think this could be something he could really love. So its worth it.
He has already been spending time with professors at DePaul that teach it, and networking and getting his name out. They have been very helpful and seem impressed with his enthusiasm.

So nothing set in stone yet, but it looks like the direction we are going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home