.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, July 23, 2006



Had crazy energy yesterday. Can't seem to sleep in.
I bugged Brad to get moving cause I wanted to go to the river again yesterday.
The outdoors just about gets me buzzed.
Saw one of the old crew at Starbucks on our way to the river. Talked, caught up a bit, his son was there with him. Brad was worried about the mold getting to my if we sat in the same spot we did the weekend before. It's still a great area, just a bit on the musty side. So we sat in a spot a bit further down, under a covered area, with a bunch of benches. Read the paper, watched the ducks eating breakfast.





Brad made an excellent suggestion of getting on the paddle boats. I had so much energy I told him not to paddle, I wanted to do it. So we went around the lake for 40 minutes, looking at the blue gill along the edge of the banks, and trying to paddle over ducks.





• After that went for a short visit with Emily at her yoga shop.
• Penzies for some ground red pepper
• Meijer for groceries (got pork for kabobs, and stuff for me to make asian cabbage salad)
• Went home mowed the lawn while Brad did the weed whacker.
• Sprayed weeds
• Watered flowers
• Rollerskated for just about a mile around the block (still can't stop to save my life...but makes for more fun!)
• Watched a movie I liked more than Brad did, Game 6 with Michael Keaton.
• Drank some shiraz


Walked late night to 7-11 for some powdered donettes.
Saw a skunk on the way in someones front yard, never seen a live one before, just as road kill. Brad tried talking to him and he started coming our way so we ran across the street.

Woke up early again this morning, and just went and ran a bunch of errands. Ran and emptied dishwasher, did laundry, snacked on samples at Whole Foods, and Brad's mom picked us up a new hammock at the Sears his dad was working at and just us a super deal since today was the last day of that store being open. My fat ass busted our old one from me leaving it out all the time and the rope just started snapping until I fell through yesterday. So until we pick that up from his mom I still have my hammock chair swing thing that I have been better about bringing back in the house at the end of the day.

Watched the Anthony Hopkins movie The Worlds Fastest Indian. We both liked it.

Tomorrow back to work.

Next weekend Brent is coming to the burbs for a visit, and then Sunday I am thinking about either going back down to the local beach/quarry for the day or going on a 7 mile canoe trip from South Elgin to St. Charles

...and then 2006 Wizard World/Comicon is coming up, another big photo opportunity for me!

Oh yeah, and we watched Dark Water Friday night before I had to log into work for some scheduled maintenance. He best described the movie as a movie about a plumbing problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home