.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Been busy today.
Still catching up on work after taking the holidays off.

I have a little ornamental grass kit that Brad gave me for Christmas on my desk.
ITS GROWING!!!
I actually clipped some of it today.
Brought in some Hyacinth bulbs too.
I am at work so much...I like to at least make it bearable.

Fred (mom's bf) is in town until tomorrow, and called to take us to lunch.
Brad wasn't able to make it.
We went to Rosebud on Rush.
I had the Veal Marsala....VERY GOOD.
The meal was wonderful.
It was nice, good conversation.
He humored me while I asked all sorts of questions about him, getting to know him better.
He really is a great guy. Loving, giving man.

On the way out we both had to get our coats from the coat check.
I left my cell phn and wallet in my coat pockets.
DUMB...yeah...I know.
But I dont have any pockets and didnt know what to do with it.
I hugged him good-bye and hopped in a cab.
I opened my wallet right away, to figure out how much to give the driver, when I saw my money was gone.
It was only $23...but still.
So I told the cabbie, but he didnt accept credit cards like some of them do, so I said sorry and got out.
I got out only a block down and Fred was right there.
I told him what happened, since he wondered what I was doing.
I was just gonna look for a cab that took credit cards, but he hailed a cab and gave me a $20.
I thanked him and told him how foolish I felt.

I called the restaurant when I got back to work, and asked for the manager.
It wasn't that busy, so I just wanted them to know as an FYI so they might be able to isolate which person it might be if they have had that problem before.
The manager was new, said he didnt know the staff very well, but would tell the other managers and thanked me for calling and how sorry he was.
He took my number and said he would call me back.
I told him the food was still wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home