.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Turns out I have cancer.
The doctor called me today while I was in a meeting, so I stepped out.
He just got the results in late yesterday.
I am scheduled for surgery on March 3.
They are going to remove my thyroid.
The medication they put me on, will help shrink my thyroid and make the surgery a little easier.
I will continue using the medication as a replacement of my thyroid.
Its a 3 hour surgery and I will stay over night and go home the next day.
They will make a 2 to 3 inch cut at the base of my neck.
They will have to schedule me for some pre-tests like bloodwork and a test on my voicebox.
They said something about putting novocaine down my throat and then doing some tests on my voice.

I think I am going to eat a big piece of chocolate cake tonight from Portillo's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home