.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, March 23, 2003

I had some people over yesterday.
A friend of mine, Bob, came over to show his re-sliced and edited version of Dune. Combining both original Dunes together. I thought I'd have trouble keeping the characters in my mind. But it was no problem.
It was long (6 hours of Dune), but I did enjoy it.
I feel like I understand it better seeing it all again.

It's also been a long while since I had a group over and got to play hostess.
We lit candles and lantern all over the house, had a fire in the fireplace.
We made tabouli, small cucumber sandwiches, fresh iced tea, eclair cake, and cheese and crackers.
Some of the people brought food too, that was really nice. Bob brought hummus and pita bread. And another couple brought a box of Cinabons and some really good cheeses.
I never met any of these people before, and didnt even know any of them other then Bob. Everybody was really nice. I really enjoyed it.

Brad didnt make it all the way through. He stuck with it longer than I would have expected though and was also a great host and help. He brought down extra chairs and stuff like that. Around 9 he went upstairs. At 10 I went up for a break myself and to bring my laundry basket up. He was passed out, lights on, CNN blasting. :)

Goli got LOADS of attention, and lots of "awww...poor dog" and played the part extremely well.
He is starting to feel a little better. At one point last night he jumped up on the sofa next to me. He curled up in between me and another girl. So I got the blanket and covered my legs and covered him with the other half.

Laying around watching CNN today and surfing for war news online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home