.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Had my follow up Dr. appt today.
They took the steri-strips off.
In 2 weeks I go back to have a dr check my throat and voice, and in 2 months go back to do the radioactive iodine treatment to make sure they got it all out.
They took out all of my thyroid and 5 lymph nodes.
Did some blood work to check my calcium levels and the levels of the pills they put me on in my system. Said they will probably double the dosage but wait and see how the blood test comes back.

The cut itself...is very faint already. No big deal.
It just looks weird....as my neck drops down all of a sudden there is this hard ridge that sticks out. Thats where the slice is. Its hard and swollen, so it sticks out. He said vitamin E will help the scar but also with the swelling.

I like touching it. It feels weird.
Some spots have no feeling when I touch it. Spooky.
And the hardness feels weird.
You can almost pinch the little ridge on my neck.
I would take a pic to post...but I dont think it would show up very well. I am so pale...everything just washes out.
But its cool....trust me. :)


After the dr appt, I went over to pick up a friend downtown for lunch. He gave me a box of well over 100 CD's!! He's got so many he needed to get rid of some of them. It's like a fun treasure box! Rummaging through the box and seeing what is all in it!!
Wide range of stuff, including his very own CD he made of his stuff!!

We went to Hi Ricky. I had Pad Thai...ate it all! YUM! And had about 3 hot teas...
Went next door to Quimby's one of my favorite book stores.
It had been awhile since I hung out with him. He's goofy and always fun. Sometimes he has a real maniacal laugh.

Back to work tomorrow. Glad I am not going back to a full week, just a couple days...easing back into things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home