.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, May 09, 2003

Things are good.
Goli is doing good too.
That made me happy yesterday.
Bunch of little things.

First no messes to clean up when we got home. HOORAY!
(but we are still gonna buy a steam vac this weekend!)

Then right after we got home he picked up a ball of his.
He hasn't played with any of his toys for about 2 months now.
We even threw the ball and he went after it a couple of times.
Up to this point he had been anti-toy mood.

He ate regular kibble without insisting on stinky canned dog food, or having it mixed in.

We were thrilled.
So we all went out into the back yard with Brad's fishing rod and practice lure (big hard weighted plastic thing). Goli was all over that, chasing it all over the yard everytime Brad would cast out.
He has done this recently but he tired out quickly and stopped running after it and just would wait for it to come in to pounce on it.
But yesterday he chased it everytime, running all over the place, tongue hanging out the side of his mouth panting hard. Even when we stopped, he insisted we do it more, we got tired of it before he did.
God, that made our day....it really did.

We all sat on the sofa together while Brad & I ate turkey sandwiches for dinner, and Goli hopped up next to me, and let me pet him, rub his ears, scratch his head. For some reason before, he didnt want to come up on the sofa or bed with us like he did before.

No messes in the middle of the night. He waited and let me know this morning he had to go. When we came back in, I still had some time before I had to get up, so I went back in bed, and he hopped up on the bed and laid down with me.

Its so nice having my dog back like this again.
2 more chemo appts to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home