.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, May 04, 2003

I have a bad cold and am going back to bed, again for the 3rd time this morning.
I'm a snot head.
Maybe Brad will take pity and go get me some decongestants....

Dinner at The Pump Room was FABULOUS!!
I think that is the nicest restaurant I have ever been to...even more formal then Spago.
We drank Pelligrino.
They brought us out a small sample of their seared tuna and endives.
I liked that a lot.
Brad picked out sweetbreads for an appetizer.
A plate with chopped apples and dill to one side, and the sweetbreads on the other.
I thought sweetbreads would be like a bread pudding thing.
But it looked like chicken when I took off a piece.
So then I thought the sweetbread part was the breading around it.
Dipped it in sauce and at some.
After I took the last bite of it, he told me what sweetbreads were.....

: the thymus or pancreas of a young animal (as a calf) used for food

I told him he was right not to tell me, I wouldn't have eaten it.
It tasted like chicken to me, but not good white meat, more like the processed stuff you get from bad places. He had a good laugh at me.
It didn't taste bad at all. But was great either, I would never order it again, but I might have a bite if he did.
He also got mussel soup, I tried some of the broth, it was very good.

I got dry aged beef tenderloins with a side of white and green asparagus, and came with some mushroom risotto.
He had the Australian lamb with a side of morels.
We each had a few bites from each others dish.
Everything was wonderful.

Our waiter (actually called a captain), brought us out a special free dessert for our anniversary. It was sorbets, fruits, and sauces...with a little chocolate that said "Happy Anniversary" on it over and over. And we also tried the spice cake that came with kumquats while we drank our coffee.

Delicious. That place was a real treat, really special.

Off to the show!
Hopped into a cab, and he wasn't familiar with Lakeshore Theater, so I gave him the corner it was close too. He said "Ahh, going to see Blue Man?" I smiled real big and happily told him "No! We are going to see Puppetry of the Penis!" He said nothing more.

The place is an old movie theater. It was full, there were empty seats in the back, it only seats 340. A couple of bachleorette parties were there, I think about 3. Some gay guys, some girl/guy dates, some older couples, one gay guy next to us brought his parents and bought them a book telling them how to do a lot of the tricks.

The opener was a local comedian, Patty Vasquez. She was funny, she even kicked a drunk guy out that wouldn't shut up.
The Penis guys were both Australian. They used to do this at local pubs for laughs and free beers.
They did some stuff most guys could do. They just had very stretchy balls and penises. And by pulling or twisting them they would make stuff.
Snail, Lock Ness, Hamburger, wind sail, mushroom, brain, hemoroid....
It wasn't amazing or great, but it was fun. And just one of those things...that its fun to say you went to and saw.

So we had an elegant dinner last night, and this morning I woke up earlier to bring Brad breakfast and the paper in bed. I brought him White Castles. :)
Ok, back to bed for this snot head.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home