.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, August 10, 2003

Brad & I just got back from vacation last night.

We went to Fort Walton Beach Florida, with about 20 family members from my mother's side.
We split a condo with my sister Sunny and her family. I got to babysit a couple mornings so she could go on the beach with the family, and stayed in with my nephew. It was a treat, I wanted some alone time with him anyway. I got to feed him, play with him, and sing him to sleep. He has grown so much since I had seen him...since his baptism. He is VERY squirmy, I had to feed him as he wandered around with me following him. He laughs a lot and very easily.
My other nephew Dylan is 6, we did get some moments with him too, but he was very occupied with the game cube my cousin Lesa brought for him and her son Justin to play with. It was nice seeing all the kids play together, they dont see each other very often, but they still remember and feel so comfortable and familiar with each other. I love watching them.

I played with the kids in the pool, had them hanging on me, splashing me, doing dives off my shoulders. And I enjoyed it too. Since we don't have kids, I get to enjoy everyone elses kids.

I got a little burn on the top of my arms, but not bad. And got a ton of new freckles. I wore the 50+ kids sweatproof/waterproof sunblock. I burn like a cheap cigar otherwise.

One morning in the ocean, Brad lost his glasses. So we went to Wal-Mart and got him another pair that same day. It sucked loosing his glasses..but I thought it was good to get a change anyway. We picked out some new frames that I really like on him.

Brad went fishing one day with my brother-in-law, Martin.
He caught five fish that were big enough to keep and eat, had to throw back about four or five mingo snappers, and an equal number of red snappers that were too small.
He caught two triggerfish. Very mild, but had a delicious savory flavor.
He caught two mingo snappers. Also known as vermillion snapper. This was almost as good tasting as the triggerfish.
And caught a monster 5 or 6 pound red snapper. It was almost two feet long, and the filets were probably over a foot long!
We fried up the fish the next day for lunch. Very delicious.

I am not much of a fish eater. So this was a big deal. I ate tons of snow crab legs, red snapper, grouper and shrimp all week long and loved it. My tastes are expanding. I ripped apart those crab legs with gusto too, pulling out long pieces of meat like a pro once Brad showed me how. Brad & I found a hidden place on a pier that was a market and restaurant with fresh off the boat fish. We got 2lbs of shrimp and a lb of snow crab legs and brought them back to the condo to eat for lunch.

Im happy with my vacation. I spent time with family, and still had alone time with Brad. I ate great meals, and swam everyday.

This morning, I really felt like going to hang out in the pool. But...no pool here. I love just floating around in the water. I can float in the water without barely having to tread water. It's just so relaxing.

We are gonna go grab some lunch at Fudruckers, and then go pick up Goliath, and let him pick out a treat to take home with him.

I will post some pics later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home