.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Went to see the dogs yesterday.
Cooper, Maya, Prince and Jenna got adopted.
They had all new dogs yesterday.
I walked Princess, a 2 year old Jack Russell Terrier first.
I was really drawn to her. So cute and cuddly, even though she had poop stains on her.
We played outside, I chased her around a bit, and then time for some belly rubbing time. (You can see some poop on her foot in a belly rub shot and how small she is compared to my hand in the last pic)
Then I took her in and gave her a bath, and then towel dried her.
I took her outside to the run with me to dry off in the sun and to give me a chance to click her long nails. I think I got about 4 nails done, it was just impossible, she was so squirmy and fought the entire time. Hated her nails being touched. But then in between kicks she would look up and kiss me, like saying, "I'm sorry I can't help it, I hate anyone touching my nails, but it's nothing personal."








Then I walked another dog, also named Princess. A 6 month old Basset Hound.
Very sweet. Had such thick short stubby legs and wide feet. And amazingly soft fur.






Then I walked Kihei. Not sure how to pronounce that. She looked like a fox.
So calm and quiet. I'd call her over and she would jump up so I could scratch her chest for her.






There weren't other walkers there so we made sure all the dogs got walked before we left.
Went home, changed clothes and went over to pick up and to go to the Printers Row Book Fair.

I wasn't really into any of the books. It was just nice being out, walking around, and people watching. I like the fair/festival atmosphere. Got there too late to see Chuck Palahniuk. Not sure where and what times people were so we just roamed. I enjoyed the company of Emily and Chris. They're fun.

About 6 we headed back to the green line to Oak Park. Got some dinner at Whole Foods, and headed to Barbara's bookstore to see David Sedaris read. We got there 40 minutes before it was supposed to start and the place was packed and lined up outside. All the people outside were NOT getting in. So we decided to head back home. Emily gave us some jade plants and Brad some really cool antique local maps. We sat around their place for awhile and played with the dogs and Alex and watched Veggie Tales.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home