.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Yesterday when we went to walk dogs, there was a lot of people there helping out.
It was good to see. I noticed Douglas first, a big 10 year old Shepard mix. I thought he looked kind of sad and lonely. So Brad took him outside for some loving. I took out Feynman, a 1 year old Beagle mix. Feynman pooped outside right away like he was holding it. He seemed to respond to commands also. Knew sit, and as active as he was he seemed to be able to control himself when motivated. He loved being scratched. His butt, his chest. His skin itched and bothered him, so when I scratched him all over with my nail he was so covered in goody spots I though he was humping, but he was shaking from goody spots. He had lots of fluid in his ears bothering him.
He also did this funny thing, he would lay down in the grass, and then crawl with his 2 front legs sliding his crotch over the cool grass like a wounded soldier.



He made dopey faces while being scratched.






Brad and I met up and sat together with our dogs. Each dog was curious about the new person, so we traded dogs. Douglas just wants to lay down and get scratched and loved. So I laid down in the grass with him and scratched him all over. He seemed like an old dog that tended to get over looked because he was so calm and low key but wanted loving too, just didn't demand it.





One of the boys working today came over to us with a little dog named Spunky. One of those slightly awkward kids, dressed in all black, I think his shirt said "Reign of Darkness" or something like that. I was talking to him, and introduced me and Brad to him, and he just said something like "ok". It made me laugh, it seemed like I was laughing at the dogs but I was really laughing at the kids reaction. He came over to us, and seemed nice enough, just the type of person that it takes more effort on his part to be sociable, and not the best at it.

After awhile Brad and I brought the dogs back in and decided to give Feynman a bath and clean his ears out. We found some coal tar shampoo that might help with his skin and dandruff. He was a good sport. Then we found some liquid ear stuff, that was tough on him. He didn't like the liquid, but he did like it with we would wrap some paper towel around our fingers and swizzle out his ears. We let him see and smell what we cleaned out and he seemed pretty happy about it.

After dog time, we went to the local "Last Fling", community street fair. Very hot out. We split a corn dog with some mustard. I like these kind of things, at least for the people watching.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home