.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Cold gray day yesterday for the most part. Very windy too.
I walked Happy first. A pitt thats been there for awhile, super sweet and friendly.
One of the guys was saying hi to her and said he couldnt figure out why she hasn't been adopted yet cause she is so friendly and sweet.
I told him I thought it was because she was a pitt bull and very very muscular, made people be hesitant about her. Too bad. She's really great. She pulls hard on the leash, not terrible though. So many big bulky muscles in her legs I could see as she pulled. She would get upset when she would see other dogs walking, she wanted to go see them and play so bad. We went and sat behind a building, that blocked us from the wind a bit. She practically jumped in my lap. She was my warm snuggly blanket. She let off so much heat, she felt great. And had that great doggy smell about her. Clean...just dog though. I like it. I rested my head on her and gave her little kisses. Great dog for loving.









Next I walked Scruffy. Very quiet gentle dog. Each step she took was like a quiet tip-toe. When her ears are up, they are huge, like big bat ears. But she was mostly happy and had them pressed back. Very dainty dog, very affectionate and funny about it. She jumped up on my shoulders like she was giving me a hug. One paw on each shoulder and slid back. She even nuzzled me. So sweet.






When we were getting ready to walk out, Brad saw Shadow laying down looking sad and had to go see him. Shadow had some lumps removed and so he was wearing a cone around his head. Just looked so forlorn. Brad went in a sat with him. Then he noticed when Shadow tried to eat he was having trouble with his cone. So Brad hand fed him, made him very happy. Then when he was about halfway done, Shadow decided he was full and now needed loving time and laid all over Brad. Told Brad he needed to stay longer, so he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home