.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Brad went with me to walk dogs today. There were a lot of other walkers there today.
I spent time with Bear. Bear was there last week. Was more nervous last time, doing much better this week. Bear is marked "Staff only", so I asked if I could go in and spend time with Bear. They said I couldn't because their insurance wouldn't cover it. Bear isn't up for adoption, he is a "safe house" dog. They are just holding there to help out a domestic violence issue, and giving him a place to stay that would be safe for him. Which is cool. But Bear looked so lonely.... I squatted and shrunk down, put my hand out and didn't make eye contact, let him smell me, he leaned in wanted to smell my head and hair. Seemed ok with me. So I stuck my finger through and pet him, he let me, presented his back against the cage so I could pet him better. I opened his cage and stuck my arm in to pet him better, he got really happy with the attention. I'm glad I got to spend a little time with him, even though I wasn't supposed to.

Brad fell in love with Onyx. A lab/pit mix. Such a sweet gentle lovely girl. Never made a sound, and just wanted to be pet, would lay her head on him and close her eyes, and then lean in for more. We both went in her kennel with her and gave her lovey dovey time. She has such a sweet face.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home