.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, May 20, 2005

Brad & I watched Birth last night.
I really liked it, very dramatic but I don't think too over the top.
Some of the music got over played, and sounded very Koyaanisqatsi (But I have that stuck in my head anyway)
Nicole Kidman looked like she was trying to look like Mia Farrow from Rosemary's Baby, but after awhile I was able to let go of that distraction. There was lots of subtleties I really enjoyed about the movie. Like the Anne Heche character having dirty hands and wanted them dried, and the tension in that scene.

One thing that I kept waiting to happen and never did....
The pregnant sister-in-law. She was just too upset with Nicole Kidman, too fierce, there had to be another reason. Then I remembered the pregnant woman's husband was interviewing the kid....The kid said something about being surprised that she was pregnant and thought that they couldn't. So then I thought the pregnant woman was having the same Anne Hechey affair with Kidman's new fiance. Also cause when Kidman apologized to her fiance, it just didn't seem like things could go back and there was a darkness to him, like more things with him were going on. Thats what I thought would get twisted into the ending. Cause even at the wedding, she looked like she was sulking at the table, brooding about something. So then I wondered did the Kidman character find out? Is that why she freaked out? or was it just because she was emotionally unstable?

Really good twists in the movies, good questions and things to ponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home