.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Monday, July 31, 2006

Good weekend.
Watched Benchwarmers Friday night, not very good, just fluff, some cuteness.
Brad's boss dropped off Pete "Whoo-woo" The Dog for us to dog-sit this weekend.

Woke up early Saturday, sat in the backyard with Whoo-woo while I ate some breakfast, did the crossword and read up Big Brother feed updates. Then took Whoo-woo to the driveway for a bath. He had some matted fur I cut off too. He seemed to like being scrubbed and smelling pretty. Brad came out and helped. We even used some conditioner of him to make him extra soft.
Toweled dried him off and the went to the pet store to buy a brush. Brushed off tons of fur into our backyard, made his coat all glossy and shiny. Such a pretty boy!

Then started mowing lawns. I mowed our front lawn, and then mowed our neighbor front lawn cause I think she is out of town and it was just so freaking hot, I though well...I'm already out here doing this, so why make them suffer and do it too. So then I did our other neighbors from yard too, just to be fair since I did my other neighbors, then started out back to finish our backyard. Ran out of gas, then noticed the time, I only had 20 min to shower clean up and go pick up Brent at the train station. So Brad finished the backyard for me then rested up with Pete.

Picked Brent up, it was his first time to my suburban area. We went to the local downtown area. Ate some cookie dough and walked along the river.







Went to Emily's yoga shop, her husband sent us around the corner to a new antique shop her mom just opened to see her. Then went to the mall. Brent wanted the full suburban experience, so we went into Spencers, Hot Topic and stores like that. Had a late lunch at Long John Silvers (He loves that place....) plus they had root beer floats there.

Brought him back to our place and watched Paper Moon It had been awhile since I had seen it, and it's just a great movie.

Took him back to the train station for the 8:30. Had a good time with Brent, he is fun to get silly with, and talk about anything and everything.

Sunday got up early again. Packed our beach bag went to the local beach/quarry for adult float. Adult float os from 9 to 11. No kids, and the only time you can have rafts/floating devices in the water. It's wonderful, pick out your chair and space, no crowds and just a super quiet and relaxing way to wake up floating around. Brad loved it too.
A group of people brought in this large floating mat, and they took turns walking off the pier onto it to see if they could make it all the way across, like walking on water. It was fun watching them. We floated for our 2 hours, then got out and dried off in the chairs. ate the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I packed. He read the newspaper and I read my People magazine "Lance Bass: I'M GAY!" He had the stupidest expression on the cover, like HEY, Who knew!? Guess I'm Gay....how bout that!

Stopped in at Trader Joes on the way home. I was stupid tired by the time we got home. But managed to shower so then we could take an afternoon nap for 2 hours. Had some dinner at Chipotle, then back home to watch Dandelion. I liked it, Brad didn't. I also like the soundtrack. Doves, Sparklehorse, Creeper Lagoon, The Cherry Valence and Cat Power.

Cat Power video on You Tube, not the one from Dandelion, but I like this one too.

Back to work, another week....then Comicon/Wizards World on Saturday.

I wore ridiculous shoes today to work. I think they are like 4 inches. I wanted fun kooky shoes to start my week just right.

2 Comments:

Blogger portuguesa nova said...

You need to receive a nieghbor-of-the-year commemorative plaque.

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

sometimes i get crazy burst of morning energy
but then i am a good-for-nothing in the afternoons

1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home