.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Finding a job update:

Interviews and talks with recruiters went well this week.
After taking last week off to visit family in Ohio, I came back home feeling a little more capable.
I'm not getting as stressed out right before an interview, or dealing with phone calls.
Had interview stuff going on everyday.
2 phone interviews, one Monday and one Tuesday.
2 face to face interviews, one Wednesday and one Thursday.
And daily back and forth with recruiters.

Got lots of feedback from all of them, and it was good feedback, I am a solid canidate for all. No one came back and said "Who the hell do you think you are trying to kid?!?"

The Weds one, said I was #2 out of 7. #1 has more experience, which I think means he has EMC experience and I don't. However they also said they like my personality better than his, so they need to decide on more experience or someone they might enjoy working with more.

The Thursday one, only interviewed me and wants me. However, HR is giving the manager a lot of shit for not interviewing anyone but me and wants them to interview more people especially give some internal candidates a stab at it, and they say they will interview them on this coming Weds. So that could go either way. They like me and decided they want me, all 3 of the people I talked to there, but the internal people that have no real experience would also work for a lot less than me. But then also need a lot of training to get them up to speed.

Then there is another one being talked about for me to deal with this coming week. First I need to talk to some person from Seattle on the phone, then if I pass that they will set up a local interview. I would be replacing a guy that was deemed too argumentative. Sounds like you can work from home fairly often, and the place is really laid back. Whatta dumbass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home