.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, April 04, 2008

So much.
Went to Ohio cause I am trying to visiting my family once a month and my cousin and her family from Alabama were visiting. Spent the week there. Work kept me somewhat busy but I still made time for a movie, bowling and ice skating. Also went to Jeff's sons roller skating birthday party. Also got out a couple of times with Scott for some really great fun. Showtune sing-a-longs, male strippers and lots of dancing and drinking.

Then a couple days at back at home.
Then his 2 sons and his mom come for a visit (mom just a stop over on her way to visit her mom and then stop back in on her way back) My little condo had a condo-full. Went to Chicago history museum, surgical science museum (enjoyed the paintings and stories of murderers being paid for bodies), bowling, Horton Hears a Who (again).

Going to Phoenix in 2 weeks to visit Rocko and David!! Never been, ready for the warmer weather there.

Got my summer booked! Family Florida trip, blues festival, Pitchfork festival, Columbus ComFest, Taste of Chicago, Brooklyn visit, Margaret Cho & Liam Sullivan, more visits to Columbus and lots of local shows!

Work:
Work has been hectic in the middle of all the other stuff going on, but I just got my grip on it, at least for the moment. Email all flagged, filed, followed up on and notes taken, started some online classes for tcp networking stuff, researching tcpdump (understanding that a bit better now and the whole tcp three way handshake)

Home:
Decorating. Put up some wall decals (see post below) still have the koi fish to put up and some more pictures to put up. The small details. Often I see this wandering black guy on my street, goes back and forth a lot. Slow, unbalanced looking. I watch him. About a week ago some girl was yelling at him in the street. She said he better quit fucking with her or he would be a dead motherfucker, he was ugly, needed to brush his teeth and had a small penis. (Sounded like they went out and now its over) He just kinda scuffled away. But I still see him, just not getting yelled at anymore. He sat in the park on the bench in the drizzle. I was out with Lula earlier this week and saw him. Smiled and said hi, he did the same. So now I have an opening to talk to him next time I see him. I think he is just sad and walks like in the same way when I get wound up I clean. I'm ready for warmer weather and being outside more and talking to more neighborhood people.
We get to dogsit Wickett again on Sunday!

Music:
Saw the Pussy Pirates on Tues. Wonderful!! Love their energy, and little cute tattooed girls screaming and jumping up and down on stage.

The Joans are playing tonight at Jackhammer but dont think I'll go since I am on-call.

Girl in a Coma with Felicia on Thursday at Ronnys


PS. My lip gloss is poppin'!!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home