.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, October 19, 2003

When we got there today to walk the dogs, the puppies were out in the run area. We stopped in for a bit with them. When Brad sat down they all jumped all over him fighting for the best spot and all the attention. When one would sit sweetly in his lap, another one would jump on the puppy. There were 4 pups, so everything went a lot smoother when I sat down and we gave one arm to one pup. Having one of them on each side of us. That made them happy.




I went to go see if Sassy was still there. She was! Her hot pink sweater was being washed, so I put the red one on her before we went out. When she trots her ears with the pink bows in them flow behind her. She has such a light little skip in her walk. I would be too tempted to color her ears blue, green or red.




Henry has a gorgeous face and eyes. Beautiful dog, terrier mix. He loves hearing his name. As we sat and played, I started singing a made up Henry the dog song, and he just got so excited by it, everytime I got to his name, he would jump around from side to side "That's me! I'm Henry!"




Sprite is a tiny little dog like Sassy, except he is deaf. He is super active, I didnt really have to walk him much, I just spun around in a circle as he ran in fast circles around me. Little white blur running close to the ground. He would run till he was tired and then throw his body down on the ground and roll around a bit. Then after a few minutes of rest, he would run some more. He was really sweet, liked the attention. He had a good work out, when I went to put him back the dogs jump and bark in theri kennels, he jumped at the dogs too. He walked in his own kennel, and as I was getting the leash off him to close the kennel he attacked my hand. Luckily he is a small dog so it wasnt any big deal, but it was just weird. He was so sweet, now he was growling and tearing at my hand. Maybe the other dogs got him riled? I asked the staff, cause it was the first time I walked him, so maybe it was common, the person didnt seem know. I went back by his kennel and stuck in my hand to pet him and he was back to his sweet self.



Brad walked Amos first, he was looking forward to seeing him again. Brad said he thinks he likes Petey and Greta best. They seem to have the most personality. Amos likes his walks, he pulls his way out the door. I stopped in his kennel to take a few pics and pet him. He seems to be coming out of his shell more this week, barking when dogs walk by. Big deep soulful bloodhound howls.



Coco has a little cut on the end of her nose. The staff said it was from sticking her nose out the kennel the way she did.



Mulligan was the last dog I walked. He is HUGE, but very gentle and sweet, didn't pull me at all, walked real slow with me. His fur is amazingly thick. He is great to hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home