.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, October 11, 2003

Just got back from walking dogs at the Humane Society. Brad's feet hurt and we are both ready for our afternoon nap. He walks his dogs each one mile, and I walk more like 1/2 a mile but then we sit and play in the field next to the building. I think Petey was my favorite today. I took him out first after I said "hi" to everyone. He is a 10 month old whippet. Someone must have turned him in, cause he had his own pooh bear and rope toy. I can't imagine why anyone would turn him in. For being only 10 months, he is so calm and gentle. Knows how to sit. Affectionate, doesnt jump up or bite. So sweet and beautiful. He will find a home in no time. He had super soft fur. We sat down for a bit, while I pet and kissed him.




Amos was a bloodhound that Brad walked. Big, long, soft ears, very affectionate.


Angelica is a pit bull mix. She wasn't sure she wanted me to walk her at first, when I opened her cage she backed up like she was afraid of me. So I squatted low and talked softly to her, and held out my hand. I wasn't gonna push it, just see if she changed her mind. She slowly came up, gave my hand a whiff and then let me pet her. She gave me the ok to take her out.


Mugsy is a 1 year old beagle. Someone told me he was turned back in. I can't understand why, he was a very good dog. Knew sit, didn't pull liked to be pet and touched.


Greta is a Shepard mix, she has a big boxy head. She seemed very independent and disinterested in me during our walk, but when I sat down and pet her a little she really liked that. She sat down in front of me so I could pet her more. When it was time to put her back in her cage, she did not want to go. She became 300 pounds of dead weight. She pushed her body up against the wall. Then she laid down on her side and I had to slide her over to the cage, then I got in the cage trying to coax her in. Someone else came up and gave me a big soft beef dog treat for her, she came in the cage with me but kept blocking the door...even with her treat. It was a real battle, but she was a very sweet dog.


Joey was a pit bull mix puppy. He has such cute ears! He knew sit. He likes to chew on little wood sticks and twigs, so we played fetch with some sticks, he liked that. We rolled around in the grass together, he jumped all over me giving me kisses, he was very kissy. I held him in my lap hugging him, and he kissed my neck and face all over. I gave him lots of kisses too.


Kane was a gorgeous dog, but very hesitant. He didnt want me to walk him, so I left him alone. Brad had the same reaction from him. When I came back from walking his neighbor Angelica, he warmed up to me a bit through his cage, but it seemed he liked the cage, felt protected in it, so I just let him smell my hand and touched him through the cage a bit before we left.


Now time for an afternoon nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home