.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Been in training this week.
Nice to not be at work. And for once I like and am keeping up with the class. I usually have trouble paying attention, miss something important, and then get way behind.
It's also nice to be able to hop in my car and go somewhere during lunch. Yesterday I went to Gameworks, today I went to Ikea.

Weekend was good, got caught up on house chores and laundry stuff.
Went to a reading Sunday at Barbra's Bookstore downtown on Wells.
Steve Elliott read from his new book Happy Baby, and Audrey Niffenegger read from her book The Time Traveler's Wife

Brad and I brought Emily with us, and met up with Navin and his sister, and Brent.

Before the reading we were hungry and stopped in next door at Café Sushi. Great selection of sushi and very good prices. I just had a snack of some edamame, only cost $1!

Navin had just put Time Traveler's Wife on his amazon wish list after it was recommended to him. He won the drawing for a free signed copy of it! He was so happy.

The reading went very well, a great show of people were there, and were all really into each reading. Brad had never been to a reading before, I wasn't sure how he would enjoy it or not, ut he really did. He liked Steve's reading a lot, and thought he seemed like a really cool guy. He said he liked his subtle sense of humor. It was nice seeing Steve again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home