.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Mid 80's this weekend
Gorgeous.
I think I was wearing my wool winter coat early last week....

Mikey, Gretchen, Niko, Cliffy, Rudy and Daisy all got adopted this week.
I walked Mia first, there were other walkers there so we took our time and hung out outside. She is so good. Sitting real sweet and pretty-like in her kennel....I couldn't resist. She's a whippet mix. Not interested in other dogs, just likes one-on-one with people. Super soft short fur, smelled good too. She was jumping all over me when we got outside, just so happy. I had Mia prints all over the front of my shirt. She makes lots of funny faces.












While I was out with Mia, Brad came up from walking Reggie.
Another great dog. Very playful and Mia wanted nothing to do with it or him. She either hid behind me or wanted to be in my lap mostly. Just sniffed him a little and nipped when he was giving her kisses. Reggie stayed optimistic. Just a happy big playful dog. Him and Brad had a good time. Soon as I saw Reggie I brought Brad over to him, I thought right away he looked like a dog Brad would love.



I walked Lucky next, interesting looking dog. Little tufts of long wiry hair in spots.
Nervous little dog. I would pet him a little and then out of nowhere he would nip and look pissed, and then a second later, be wagging his tail jumping on me as if to say "I'm sorry...I can't help it!" He did it a few times. He'd act like he wanted to be pet, and then he would go into his little attack mode and then apologize all over again.





Winnie was my last walk. Little piggy, but not slow. Very active. Looked like she had given birth recently, not sure what happened to her puppies. She had 2 scars on either side of her front. I asked one of the staff about it. They said she had some kind of pipe that went right through her. A farmer found her, had the local farm doctor pull it out, and gave her penicillin for it and then brought her in.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home