.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, April 10, 2004

Rocco, Bailey, Calvin, Petey and Jaime all got adopted this week! And Riley is finally on hold for adoption!
Rocco's new family sent an email that was posted on the board about how happy they are with him and love him so much. Even posted a link to a bunch of pictures they've already taken of him. He looks really happy, lots of toys, nice looking couple too.

I walked Gretchen first, a 12 week old puppy. Liked to run around with her short stubby legs. So tiny. She would run around a bit, and then run at me and jump in my lap giving me kisses and then run around again.




I walked Niko next, he was pacing around like he really needed to go. One of the other volunteers told me he didn't pass his temperament test, I'm not sure what part of it, he seems like I good dog. But she said they were keeping him to hopefully pass on to the police to be trained as a drug sniffing dog. It was tough getting him in his kennel, so I went in first. I couldn't get out though. We both kept fighting for the closest spot to the gate, pushing each other out of the way. He'd push up behind me, and if I stood my ground, he'd nip at my calves and ankles. Just a warning though, not hard. Enough to make me move. Smart dog. After 5 minutes of this I was able to get someones attention walking by to help me.




Cliffy is a funny little dog. Kind of ewok looking, with a major underbite. Gives him character. Very sweet little guy.




I liked Mikey a lot. Nice, easy to hug and cuddle with. Beautiful dog, very easy going.



Rudy had notes written about him that he was a jumper and nipper. He did jump on me, and one person in the parking lot came up to us holding out her hand, and he did nip. Again, not hard, not aggressively, thats just how he plays until he is trained otherwise.




I spent time outside with Daisy before I left.
I kept singing "Daisy Daisy,
Give me your answer do
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two"

Another sweet lap dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home