.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Saw the dogs on Saturday.
Lucy was still there but put on hold for a family interested in her.
We sat around outside and played with a pine cone. You can see it in her mouth in the last picture of her here. She loved it! Kicked it around, chased it, then would roll over with it in her mouth.
She plays really well with other dogs, we put her in the dog run with another dog named Patches. I think Patches was a retriever. She likes using her paws and batting other dogs with them and then running away. You can tell she thinks its really funny.








Next I walked Cors, a basset hound. I liked her howl. So I sat and howled and got her to howl back.






Chiquita is a 4 month old Chihuahua, she had just come in that morning. Litter box trained too! So tiny, look how big those blades of grass look compared to her head!






Last was Zoe. She kinda looks like Cruella De Ville. I was nuts over Zoe. She was fine with me, maybe my voice or smell, I dont know. But she was deathly afraid of anyone else. We were outside and a woman pulled up in the parking lot as I was sitting and playing with Zoe. Zoe stopped to watch the woman walk up, seemed curious, but then when the woman got close, Zoe hid underneath my legs.
Poor dog had diarrhea, and had some dried poop on her back (not sure how that got there!) and on her feet. So after our walk and playtime I gave her a bath. She has such crazy fur, so I conditioned and brushed it out real good. She looked so pretty. Brad tried to stop in and say hi to her, and she just shook all over. I just wanted to hug, protect her and make her feel safe all the time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home