.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Lots of people helping out with dogs again yesterday. There are about 3 or 4 new guys. They look slightly out of place, but are really great with the dogs. They help clean the dogs area, walk them and work on training and behavior which is really cool.
It's nice when there are more people, then we can take out time with the dogs more. Brad and I can mellow out with our dogs and have the dogs meet and play with each other, and its just nice.

I took out Lucky first, and Brad took out Douglas, the older shepard mix from last week. Lucky likes to jump up for hugs. He'd jump up and put his paws on my shoulders.






Brad was getting ready to bring Douglas back in when I came out with a pitt mix 3 month old puppy named Snickers. Douglas was real gentle with the puppy and Snickers seem real interested in Douglas, so we went out to the field together and hung out in the shade playing. Snickers went after and followed Douglas out. Oh my god, this puppy is so cute! I don't usually go for puppies. He smelled good, so soft, and had the cutest little bloated Buddha belly.












Then we took out Bruiser and Nick. Shepard mix buddies in a kennel together. Both have slight hip displaxia. Couldn't tell when I was outside with them, both are very strong, playful and active. They pulled hard on the walk, but when we sat to play with them, very lovey dogs. Perfect for great big bear hugs!








We went to get blood drawn from me to check my thyroid after that, to regulate my medication. Then went to a local farm, bought some corn, a cucumber, some pickles, and a loaf of whole wheat bread a woman was selling that she had made. Then went home, picked on grapes and bread...next thing we know its nap time. Brad took his sofa. I ended up outside in the hammock for about an hour.

2 Comments:

Blogger ANABEL said...

Dear Sheri,
I suppose those pretty dogs are looking for owners.
It is so kind of you to employ some of your time in going for a walk with them!!!!
I admire your kindness! I wish there were more people like you and Brad.
Have you got pets???
Kisses from Spain,
Anabel,

12:02 AM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

Thanks Anabel!

9:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home