.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I was on CNN today....

..standing in the background looking dorky.
CNN was filming their morning show with Soledad O'Brien and Bill Hemmer and co-hosts Jack Cafferty and Andrew Serwer from 6am - 9am at Union Station. Brad heard about it the day before and printed out a copy of a picture of Soledad for me to try to get autographed for him. Of course I forgot the picture at home this morning.

When I got off my train, Jack Cafferty and Andrew Serwer were sitting at the bottom of the main escalators and I got a shot.




Then I walked into the main Hall where Soledad and Bill were set up in the middle. I wandered around looking at all the cameras, lights, boom, make-up people and director.









Here Bill Hemmer turned around and acknowledged the crowd "Hello Chicago! How is everyone?" in between takes.





Here Soledad is interviewing that bitch Teri O'Brien (local media). She the big poofy 80's hair I'm standing behind. I was dead on camera in this shot and mouthed the words "I love you" hoping that Brad would see me. He saw me, but not my message to him.



Bill went off to do his side interview with someone while Soledad sat at her chair in the center. Everyone was really quiet for the most part. No one spoke out. They were all on their cells phones "Can you see me?" jumping and waving. It was funny. I decided I needed to get Soledad's attention without having to yell " Ba Ba Booey! Ba Ba Booey!" So in-between takes when she kinda looked back, I said "Hi Soledad" really loudly. Then since I broke the silence a few other half-heartedly also said "hi". Then as she looked back and smiled I said "My husband has a crush on you!" She laughed and then mouthed something about where to go for breakfast and that she was starving. Me and a few people around told her to go to Lou Mitchell's and told her where it was.

After that I was ready to head towards work. I stopped back over to Jack Cafferty and Andrew Serwer standing behind them. Jack is really friendly and nice. Talked with me and some girls next to me that were going to law school, said his daughter was in law school too at I forget which college. I also mentioned Lou Mitchell's to him.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home