.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Chuck was still at the Humane Society when I went to walk dogs today. He should go in no time though. He just doesnt like other dogs, or other big dogs mostly. But so sweet. He would jump up on my shoulders and we were eye to eye.




Then I walked Rodna. Lab mix 6 years old, had recently had a litter. Don't know where the pups are though. She is a quiet gentle dog. Might have been used for breeding.






Mickey is one of my favorites of yesterday. Beagle/Pitt mix. When I showed Brad pictures he said he could see some of Goliath in him, maybe thats why I liked him so much. Big boxy head, very friendly and sweet. He got so excited when I joined him in his kennel after our walk. Just got super happy bouncy to have a guest in his home.











My other super favorite is JD. Pure Pitt. Very nervous at first, standing back, tail down. So I went in and sat with him. He was curious but still unsure. Then he let me pet him and he wagged his tail but still had his tail dropped down between his back legs. Then after awhile he was rolling around let me rub his belly and playing with his toys with me. I think someone put a cigarette out on his head, he has a fresh wound that kind of looks like that.











I heard one of the volunteers telling another guy to go to the bathroom, that one was marked out of order but had a newborn puppy in it. So of course I had to make a beeline for the bathroom. One puppy, looked like a pug. Just opened his eyes in the last day or two. Made the cutest little puppy squeaky sounds. So cute and small....and squeaky. Just amazing to see newborns of any sort.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home