.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I started my new job yesterday and it is going very well.



We (me and the guy training me) are using the MTSO (Mobile Telephone Switching Office) as our office until I get going, then it will be mostly if not completely working from home.

We have bad water, this is posted above the drinking fountain.




There are only like 3 other people in this office, and luckily they are all nice.
The guy training me is super helpful. Loading me with documentation he made. Older hippy guy.
Has yin/yang things all over the place. I asked him if he has it tattooed, he doesn't yet but will.
His girlfriend was at the Morton Arboretum today and he honest to god asked her to hug a tree for him today. He is so goofy and silly in his hippiness, he owns it.
With this guy on my side helping me, I can't go wrong. Seriously.
There are no lay-offs going on or coming up.
Our boss and our boss's boss are said to be super cool, even people from other departments have said stuff to the guy I work with about how they wish they worked for them.
They are talking about sending me to an Informix class in Redmond in 2 weeks. Hope it works out, Brad said he will go with me. It's just a few miles from Seattle. We both never been.

Last night after my first day on the new job, Brad met me out for dinner. It was cool not picking him up, made it feel more like a date for me. Met him at Hugo's Frog Bar I like the bar atmosphere with the piano player but we sat in the dinner room since it was quieter so I could fill him in on my day. He was really excited for me, and really happy with how everything sounds.

From there we walked to the library for a drama about Presidents and their first ladies put on by a husband wife team that travels around doing this. Tonights focus was on Herbert & Lou Hoover. It was cute and fun, the couple really do a great job with it. They tell the story from how they met, travels, emergency relief programs, presidency through the Great Depression up until their deaths.



I'm home for a bit tonight after work (just enough to post this) and then I have my first book club meeting down the street to discuss My Sister's Keeper.

Tomorrow after work Brad and I are planning on meeting Shishie and Richard downtown for dinner while Shishie is in town for a couple days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Contrary Guy said...

Sounds excellent! Informix would be a good niche item to have on the resume; we have some of it at work, and only one DBA for it. Needless to say, we're keeping him!

7:33 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

im excited about the clas and travel, hope it works out

7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home