.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Monday, February 11, 2008

Had a great post birthday weekend.

Went to Green Dolphin Friday night. Another place thats been on my list to check out. Fancy dinner, over priced, but I thought it was really good, not great but good. When Jeff and I were waiting to be seated a couple behind us started getting friendly. I had trouble understanding what the guy was saying, but he seemed jolly and entertaining. Lots of young couples there for dinner and one really old guy with a much younger woman all over him. I loved watching them throughout our dinner. Watching them kiss, her play with his ears. Watched people on newer dates with stiff body language to see how their date was going, and watched the friendly couple. The guy stood up at some point and just walked around the table. Odd.

We talked to them as they passed us on their way out, they were going over to catch the band in the other room and we told them we would be over shortly. Soon as we walked over the guy was at the door and told the host to put us at his table. Introductions, the girl was really friendly and talkative. She was quick to say the guy was drunk, I told her I knew, and he seemed fun though. I had trouble understanding him. I tried with yeses and no's to what he would say and then pause and look at me, but they seemed to not match with what he was saying, so then I'd try to change my answer from yes to no or no to yes, but that didnt seem appropriate either. It was like trying to talk to Keith Richards or Hunter S Thompson.

We traded emails and phone numbers.
I think they bought our drinks, otherwise we left without paying.

Saturday we got up and went to the local Panera, a new weekend routine for us while he tallies up his weeks receipts for his financial log book while I do the daily crossword and sodoku. Went grocery shopping and then home.

We were thinking about going out to Funky Buddha, another place on my list of places to go check out. But we were still recovering from the night before, and went to go see the movie Cloverfield instead and eat popcorn and milkduds. I liked the movie.


Yesterday was more birthday fun for me! Jeff made plans and kept them secret.

First we stopped off for coffee and No Friction, started talking to the guy at the table next to us only to find out he is a guy I've seen online around for awhile named Greg!!! And another local we can go out and do stuff with!! :)
Then he took me to the Drake for afternoon tea. I've never been in there before , but super fancy and beautiful, and the whole tea service is really upscale. I love finger sandwiches!!! The mimosa went straight to my head, and I felt all loopy again. We were so full even though its considered a light lunch we packed up the desserts to eat later. The lunch he planned for us was so sweet, and then after lunch he dropped me off at Urban Oasis for a hot rocks massage...I THOUGHT I WOULD CRY RIGHT THEN AND THERE!!!

The girl that did me was super nice, traveled a lot and we talked on-stop. I did the rain shower before I left, and Jeff was outside to pick me up. Then we headed back home to settle in and watch the Grammys. We were happy for Amy Winehouse.

Later this week (Thursday) we are heading to Ohio for a few days, then be back late Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home