.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, January 19, 2003

I just finished watching "Portrait of Jennie" and "Imitation of Life". The best old movies are always on on Sundays!

Brad kept distracting me with his "Science Fiction Theater-esque" comments while he did school work and blog updates on the computer.

Luckily for the big ending of Imitation he was in the bathroom, so I could totally get absorbed into it and cried my eyes out. It was so sad, but a really great movie. The story of 2 single mothers and ones rise to fame with the underlying story of societies treatment of blacks compared to whites in the 60's.

And Portrait, was great too. A struggling artist finds his muse, a little girl. She ages several years everytime he sees her. To find out she died a long time ago and visits him.

For about the first time ever...I shoveled the driveway, sidewalks and front porch last night. It felt good, good exercise. Brad and I have been watching what we eat since Weds. It helps, us doing it together, A LOT. Just since Weds, I've dropped 6 lbs.
It motivates me to keep going, to see the numbers drop, like it had before but when it stops I get frustrated and slowly go back to eating like before. So maybe this time with us doing it together it will be a little easier to keep up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home