.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, April 06, 2003

Had a 10:30 vet appt.
I ended up crying during the visit.
I tried not to, I didn't want to make the vet feel bad.
I did it real quietly, Brad didnt even know until I told him later.

I was hoping the vet would be more positive than he was.
I expected him to look at Goli in awe and wonderment at how good he looked and say he has a few more years in him.
He didn't.
I cried.
He still is saying 6 months to 1 1/2 years.
We can do up to 5 chemo treatments.
After that its too toxic.
It could put him in remission.
We can only tell by how he acts and looks, and by how much he drinks and pees.
He is still peeing a lot, but a lot less since his first chemo shot.
High calcium levels will make him drink and pee more.
High calcium levels is from cancer.
The chemo wont fix that, just make it a bit better.
So the high level will always be a factor, even in remission.
He said male dogs with high calcium levels don't tend to last longer then 6 to 18 months.
So thats is what he is going on.
I sat there, petting Goli, not blinking trying to stop the tears, and be discreet.
Got his stitches snipped out.
His incisions look pretty good.
Healed up nice.
Made an appt in 2 weeks for his next chemo treatment.
We will have to leave him over night, they will do an IV drip this time.
Then 3 more to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home