.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, November 08, 2003

Another good dog week.
Kane, Nova, Max, Bruno, Riley, and Maxwell all found homes this last week!
I'm especially happy for Bruno and Kane.

Great beautiful fall weather day to walk outside. Cool and crisp. Dogs love it and so do I.
I walked Marco first. He was there last week. Has such a sweet face and big sweet eyes. Very beefy muscular dog, could knock me over easy, but didnt pull very much on our walk and was very gentle with me. Likes to kiss. Very friendly.




Next I walked Bailey. A small Collie or Collie mix. She is a bit hesitant and unsure. But not mean at all. When she got nervous she would hide behind me.


I wanted to have fun with Penny, but it just didn't work out. She seemed to like me ok, but she hated the leash. Im not sure why, the color, the smell of the other dogs, maybe the size..she might like the smaller leashes since she is small. Soon as she saw the leash or it got near her she would snarl, growl, and attack it, and get really upset. At first I thought it was me, but when I put it away and put in my hand she was fine. So I went in the cage with her for a bit, and petted her tried to make her feel comfortable. She was up for that, but then when I got the leash out again, same thing. So we got some pets in, but no walk.



Tequila was a lot of fun. So lovey dovey. She would lean into me real hard. Lots of hugging and kissing, and I gave her scratches all over. She was just darling.



Brad & I both like Cici, she is an older overweight dog that is prone to seizures (she didnt have any while we were there), she drinks a lot of water so she might be diabetic too. But she is such a sweetheart. We could just hug and kiss her all day. Brad walked her. But loved her so much that we took her out in the run area with us before we left. We sat down with her and just took turns with hugs and kisses. Such soft fur, sweet little tail wags.



We stopped at PetSmart on the way home for some fish food, and there were tons of dogs there too. They were having a doggie social hour in the middle of the store and another area had 4 beautiful greyhounds from the greyhound rescue. I spent some time watching the dogs play together and we went over and gave some loving to the grayhounds, they are just so pretty and sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home