.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, October 25, 2003

A lot of dogs got adopted this week!!!
Sassy, Greta, Amos, Petey, Sprite (the deaf dog), all 4 of the puppies from last week, Henry, and Mulligan!!!

And they still got plenty of new dogs for adoption too.

I walked Nova first. He's new. Very playful and sweet. Lots of energy.





When I went in to put Nova back, I noticed Brad was walking Kane. Kane is warming up to us. Brad gave him treats, that helped too. Later I went back in and Kane was back from his walk so I went in his kennel to get him some more water. When I went back in with it, I stayed with him for awhile. He smelled me from top to bottom, and got real close in my face, it seemed like a test. I pet his head and kissed him all over his face, the fur on his face is so soft, and I found out he loves for his butt to be scratched.




Next I walked Bruno. German Shepard mix. I thought he would pull me around, but he was actually very sweet, liked to jump up and say hi. It looked like he had a cyst removed from his back that was healing up. Because of his name I was drawn to talking to him with an Italian accent, and sang Eh Cumpari to him.
Eh Cumpari, ci vo sunari Chi si sona? U friscalettu.
E comu si sona u friscalettu?
u friscalette, tipiti tipiti tam.

E cumpari, ci vo sunari. Chi si sona? U saxofona,
E comu si sona u saxofona? Tu tu tu tu u saxofona
u friscalette, tipiti tipiti tam.

E cumpari, ci vo sunari. Chi si sona? U mandolinu.
e comu si sona u mandolinu? a plig a plin, u mandulin,
tu tu tu tu u saxofon
u friscalette, tipiti tipiti tam.

E cumpari, ci vo sunari? Chi si sona? u viulinu.
E comu si sona u viulinu? A zing a zing, u viulin,
a pling a pling, u mandulin
tu tu tu tu u saxofon
u friscalette, tipiti tipiti tam.

E cumpari, ci vo sunari? Chi si sona? a la trumbetta.
e comu si sona a la trombetta? Papapapa a la trumbetta,
A zing a zing, u viulin,
a pling a pling, u mandulin
tu tu tu tu u saxofon
u friscalette, tipiti tipiti tam.

E compari, ci vo sunari? Chi si sona? a la trombona.
e comu si sona a la trombona. A fumma a fumma a la trombona,
Papapapa a la trumbetta,
A zing a zing, u viulin,
a pling a pling, u mandulin,
tu tu tu tu u saxofon
u friscalette, tipiti tipiti tam.


But of course I couldnt remember all the words so I made up italian sounding words and put his name in the song too. :)




I also took out a 1 year old Dachshund, and scared the piss out of her. She was so tiny, I wasnt holding onto the leash as tightly as I should have. For walking her I had one of the retractable leashes. There was a crinkly plastic poop bag tied to the handle. She yanked and it came out of my hand as we were walking out. The leash retracted and bumped into her, made her scared and she yelped and then started running with the crinkly bag and plastic handle chasing her. She was yelping and running all over. Circled the van a couple of times...I was so worried about her running into the street! But she just circled our van a few times and then ran back at the door, I caught up with her at the door. She looked absolutely terrified. I felt so horrbile!
I sat out on the curb with her and she crawled up in my lap while I apologized to her. We kissed and made up, and I gave her lots of soothing hugs and pets, and held her in my arms. Brad came out and she crawled into his arms too. I didnt get a chance to snap pics of her, I will next week if she is still there.

Now we are both back home, Brad made some chili. So we are gonna eat chili and watch football, and Im gonna soak in a hot hot bath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home