.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, December 20, 2003

After work, walking to Union Station I saw something happening. I'm really nosey. One guy was rolling around the ground and another guy was mad at him telling him to get up. I couldnt figure out if the guy was "special" (retarded) or drunk. It was only 5pm on a Friday. So I walked past them, down a ways, so I could still watch without being too obvious. Another guy came up, and at one point the rolling around guy starting thrashing around and the 2 guys were trying to hold him down and make phone calls. A woman came up to me and said "Holiday party." "Wow, that drunk, and this early?". The worst I had ever seen was a woman that fell into the hosts christmas tree, she went to rehab right after that. The guy did it to himself, but I felt bad for him, ruining his work record and any respect he had at the place like that. He got up and took off running, the guys he worked with decided to let him go and were tired of dealing with him. They worked with him and he kept knocking them over and stuff. I think the woman was nosey like me, so we both lied to each other and said we were waiting on our husbands to explain why were standing around being nosey.

Brad was so sweet to me when I got home, he bought Vicks vapo rub to baby me with, and some hand warmer stuff. He took me out to eat Indian food, total comfort food. Eating spicy Indian food just makes me feel good inside and out. Healthy, perked up, euphoric a bit. Then we went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for him to make me some soup today with. Last night when I was in bed, he smeared a bunch of the Vicks on me, and then pulled the covers over my head and told me to stay in my little tent for awhile and breath it in. That's what his grandmother had him do when she took care of him. It was good...I love Vicks. And I love being babied!

But of course at 2:30 my on-call pager went off, for something lame, and then again at 3:30 at which point I got up and logged into work, and it took me an hour to work it all out. I was freezing sitting in the office in my t-shirt. Went back to bed and woke Brad up with my cold hands and feet and he helped warm me back up so I could go to sleep. I need to put my winter comforter and blanket on the bed this weekend.

Spent a short time with the dogs this morning since I wasn't feeling well and also because I had a Dr. appt to go to at 11am. Marco got adopted!!! YAY!!! D-O-G is on hold, so might get adopted today. The volunteers at the shelter were happy to see us, and missed us last weekend. That was nice to hear. They are used to seeing us around now and can count on us for walking the dogs. They had just cleaned out the dogs cages when I got there, and the dogs were busy eating breakfast and not interested in walking. Nala was the first one to finish his food and very eager for attention. So I took him out. He has lots of energy, like to hop around like a bunny, we played in the snow, he liked kicking it around. When I brought him back in, his neighbor Lucky, was pooping diarrhea all over his just cleaned kennel. So I went to go get stuff to clean it up with so he didn't get it all over himself. It was really messy, I got the bulk up, and then had to mop and wipe up the rest. He kept jumping up on me wrapping his paws around my arms trying to pull me down, so I had to put him over on the other side so I could clean. I got a little warm from the cleaning, and the sinus pressure in my head, it made me a little light headed. So after I finished and went and sat in the cage with Sugar. She had just finished her breakfast and was ready for a nap. So I sat down and took off my coat and scarf to cool down and hang out with her. She looks great, she is all trimmed up, and happy now. She put her head in my lap. I pet her head and ears while I rested my head back on the wall and cooled down for a bit. It was about time for me to go to my Dr. appt but I still wanted to just see D-O-G for a bit, so I went in her kennel just for a few hugs and kisses. On my way out Brad was bringing a dog named Tanner back in from his walk. Tanner is a fat little sausage. Not just fat...but super fat, like he could die from it fat. Brad said he heard that they had a picture of Tanner from a year ago looking great and thin, and someone adopted him, and in one year he got this deathly fat, and then the people that did that to him brought him back. That pissed me off so much. Thats abuse. The dog was so fat, his little body and little heart really cant take that. I'm just so mad someone could do that to him, and let it go so far, like that.

Then off to my Dr. appt. Turns out I am infected. Its a bacterial infection in my ears, nose and throat. He wrote out a script for antibiotics, and said if Im not just about better in a week to come back in for another checkup. He also told me to take Sudafed during the day for the congestion and to ease the pressure in my head, and take Nyquil at night, so I can sleep better and it will help with the coughing. So I went to the grocery store and got everything he told me to. Then went to the video store. Got Tomb Raider for Brad & I to watch together, Sinbad (the cartoon movie), and 2 Weeks Notice (a chick flick). Gonna get in my Pj's, layer them on, and claim the downstairs sofa and watch movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home