.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Today an older guy was sitting across the seat from me on the way into work.
He had on a dark green sweater for St. Patricks day. No wedding ring. Military look to him.
Smelled a bit of alcohol to me, its a smell I associate with alcoholics, but I am not 100% on my evaluation.
He was very courteous of giving my legs room, it was really sweet.
And he called his son, told him he was going to have a free lunch and drinks later with some guys later, and told his son he loved him before hanging up. I don't usually see men over 60 expressing love and affection, so I always have a soft spot for it.

Yesterday on the train home, the I sat right in front of the 4 seater section. A young kid with teeth missing was up there and a guy I regularly see was asking the kid for money to ride the train. I see that guy all the fucking time, almost like every other day asking for money to and from on the train. Irritates the hell outta me. The kid was genuine and seemed concerned, so I reassured him that the guy was regularly asking for money and not to sweat it. The a group of 3 middle-aged women sat with him. The kid was a bit on the dim side, but such a sweetness to him. He joined the women in their conversations, I looked down listening in to them, and he was just too sweet in a naive sort of way that made me smile as I listened.

Today I am having lunch with my friend Ceven. He is briefly back in Chicago before going back to Germany. I brought my camera hoping to take a few pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home