.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Went downtown Chicago for the day yesterday. Meet up with friends.
I went to the Starbucks in Sears Tower, I was a regular there and like them too.
Met up with a guy from work for our morning coffee, then some other people from work joined us.
Had an 11 o'clock waxing appointment with Elaine. Caught up with her, told her about getting fired.
Had lunch in the Sears Tower at Dos Hermanos with Katerina, Don, and Marcin. Then walked down to a 7-eleven and got a slurpee...mmmmm...good slurpee! And then went to the Starbucks on Wacker near the river to see Jeannine. Hung out with her awhile, caught up. She is doing really great in her new store.

Then went to the W Hotel (fancy schmancy) and went upstairs to the lounge and took a nap on one of their sofas. Enjoyed the air conditioning and we are so cool dim lighting for my nap. Then headed back to Sears Tower to meet up with people again after work.

Bumped into my old boss. He looked uncomfortable but approached me while I was waiting to meet up with some friends. I gave him the chance to avoid me by acting like I didn't see him and looking another way, but he still went for it. Came up, said hi, "hi", asked how things were going.."fine", then I saw the people I was waiting on and stepped away from him and walked towards them.

Returned a call I got yesterday for a job in the loop this morning. Left a message. Have my resume out on Monster. He just called for a mini-interview. He is gonna pass my resume around his group and call me back for an interview sounds like. Could be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home