.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, December 17, 2005



Fighting a cold, so not going downtown today to Marshall Fields.
I think it would wear me out too much with the cold dry air.
Slept in this morning, might take a nap later too.

Can't believe christmas is almost here. One more week.

Had a rough week at work, but it ended well so I can relax this weekend and not worry about what I will be walking into Monday morning.

Had a client beat me up, some of the problem was their fault and some of it was mine. I think after a few days poking me with a stick they could hear how broken I was in my voice, plus I sound worse cause my throat hurts, coughing, voice all scratchy and just tired. So they let up on me a bit.

Had another issue with another client and after the other laying the smackdown I just assumed that whatever it was was me, but after 3 hours of troubleshooting it turned out to be the clients own customizations that messed it up that they put on after I turned it back over to them.

So late Friday I got the 2 problems wrapped up and resolved, back on schedule for Monday with my new upgrade, then another on Tues, and just have one problem from last week to still work on with a keyword search error. But as it turns out they think I am doing a good job, and think I am "a good girl". Which very reassuring to hear. One guy is a real perfectionist, he made me go back into a file because my initials were in lower case rather than in uppercase. So I try to do things his way for when I need his help plus since he is a bit intimidating I want his approval. When he was helping me troubleshoot the customization issue he was very pleased with all my log files. And the other guy that has been with the company since the beginning has been really supportive and nice too.

I just hope all my projects dont go like this.....

Went out for dinner with Brad last night since I was able to think enough to talk again. When I get overwhelmed I cant function. I stayed at work Thursday until 8pm, and then just came home and laid on top of him falling asleep. So now with less chaos in my head I can think to tell him about what has been going on at work, what I have been doing, and even tell him the side stories about other people at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home