.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Brad just left from visiting me in Seattle.
He came late Weds for a few days.

Thurs & Fri while I was in Red Hat class he did some sightseeing on his own.
Thursday after class he picked me up and we went to the Waterfront area and had fish and chips at Ivar's. Walked around, got some coffee.

Fri he picked me up early from Red Hat and we went to Pike Place Market to walk around, it had warmed up was really nice out.
Just walked around slowly watching people, looking at all the booths. Stopped in Piroshky Piroshky. Brad had a Smoked Salmon Pate piroshky and I had some of a Cheddar cheese and green onion one. Then walked to another russian booth and split an order of peirogies.

Went back to the room, rested up, cleaned up and went out for a late night Fatburger, Hadnt had that for a few years since we went to Las Vegas. and instead of getting fries there we headed to Capital Hill and went to Frites a belgian place that serves fresh hand cut fries with about 15 different sauces.


Saturday we went to Mighty O's for breakfast (doughnuts) and then next door to Zoka's for coffee in Greenlake. Went to Archie McPhee Liked the store a lot but didn't buy anything, I need some animal masks, like a rabbit or a panda, and they had some, but they were fuzzy masks, and I want some generic hard plastic or maybe I'd consider rubber, but probably not.

Went to Alki Crab & Fish for lunch, got fish & chips. Watched a seagull with a stump leg while we ate. It was raining kinda heave so we went driving around the Ballard/Scandinavian area. After the rain lightened up we went downtown to walk and shop. Walked thru Macy's then out to the street going in and out of places. There was one of those guys with the free hugs sign, the first one I've seen! No one was hugging him so I was really excited to hug him. Brad wouldn't let go of my side and told me not to cause he looked creepy. He really didn't look creepy but I think that just what you would think of a guy standing by himself giving out free hugs. He gave a really good hug too! What can I say...I LIKE HUGS!
Then there was a group hold signs saying stuff about pot is for smoking and not wearing, and about wanting pot. They were funny.

Dropped the car back off at the hotel and walked over to the Space Needle. Didn't go up cause it cost $15 a person and after working in the Sears Tower and being up there and John Hancock...I just dont get the big deal. There are plenty of beautiful views all over Seattle. So we rode the monorail instead. I got on and was all settled in like I was going from downtown to O'Hare on the El...or so I thought. First stop everyone gets up including Brad, why are we getting off here? He said "that was it" I got off kinda confused, 1 mile, from Space Needle to a Nordstrom.... that was it! Got a coffee and then headed back to the Space Needle and then the hotel. Napped, showered, checked into work and then went out for a late night dinner at Agua Verde Paddle Club and Cafe Really good tacos.

Today I dropped him off at the airport, he will pick Mitch up on his way home. On the way to the airport we went back to Pike Place Market and split a grilled cheese from Beecher's Handmade Cheese and then split an apple piroshky.

This week still in Seattle and another class.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dantravels said...

You got to go to Dicks hamburger joint. The chocolate shakes are good. The one on Capital Hill should be fine. Or in Wallingford, but that is further out.

http://www.ddir.com/

Its nothing really special. But if you go there on a friday night, it kind of feels like a 50's hamburger joint.

I lived there for 10 years. A great place to be um... from.

5:23 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

i heard about that place
i could use a chocolate shake

10:28 PM

 
Blogger Contrary Guy said...

Archie McPhee's site reminds me of stupid.com... fun/silly stuff. Now what do you need non-furry animal masks for? ;)

4:26 AM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

i like the fun silly stuff

....by the smirk I think you know ;)

9:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home