.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Seattle was kind of a mess.
Work shit got worse just as I was boarding the plane.
All contractors were booted as of 1/31 with 1 day notice.
I still got to go out for some training and do some networking before the cutoff since I had already boarded the plane.
I accepted the offer they made me yesterday, start back on the 19th.

I am a little disappointed, since I didnt get the money I wanted, I feel a little less about myself, self-worth. It's stupid shit, I am being a pain in the ass, I am just really sick (going to see the doctor tomorrow morning...I think I am infected, probably got it from my flight home) So I am probably more emotional/sensitive from that.

As stressful Seattle was, I did enjoy meeting a bunch of people I do work with, lots of emails and late night phone calls with. It was good networking for me...I hope....I think. See.. I am being a pussy again....stop stop stop

Seattle has lots of pretty mountains.





Soon as I got back from Seattle, Brad, Mitch and I left for a lodgey place in Wisconsin for a long weekend (also to celebrate my birthday) It had a hottub in the living room. It was in the negative temps, so we just holed up.





It was kind of Northern Exposure-like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iowa Greyhound said...

Seattle and the job sounds stressful, but it seems to have worked out! IT isn't what it used to be.

The lodge vacation sounds nice.

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

I am hoping to be going back to Seattle next month for Red Hat and some load balancer training, and it should be over a weekend, so I can have more time to enjoy the area.

IT makes me realize on a daily basis how disposable I am.

8:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home