.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, April 11, 2003

Today is nice.
Week started out busy and a blur.
Calming down now.
Beautiful outside.
Want to rent Secretary tonight.

Got worried about the dog this morning.
He hasnt eaten in a couple of days again.
I tried last night, throwing out his old food, and putting fresh out.
Nope.
Tried giving him his old brand of dog food.
Nope.
So we let him pick last night on some hummus and carrots that we had with dinner.

This morning he didnt even want his Scooby snack.
He caught it and dropped it on the floor and just looked at it.
So then I tried some carrots (he LOVES carrots).
He dropped that on the floor too.
Which really upset me.
So then I opened the loaf of bread.
Fed him 3 slices of bread.
He wagged his tail the whole time too.
Then he ate the carrot.
So I gave him 2 more, and he hesitated, but finally ate them too.
So before I left this morning, I left a HUGE pile of Scooby snacks on his rug for him, and he was eating them as we left.
I am gonna buy him some extra stinky canned dog food.
He likes stinky things.
Maybe I might even try mixing his regular dog food in it.

I had my monthly waxing appt today.
I LOVE ELAINE!!! (my waxist)
She just always makes me feel better.
Besides ripping the hairs outta me! :)

I hadn't seen her since my surgery, and told her I was fine but worried about my dog.
Told her what was going on, and then started crying during my appt. But I love her and feel comfortable around her so I just went with it and cried as I continued to talk to her.
She told me she has lost 3 pets herself, and we talked about how much we love them.
Then poor thing! She starts crying too, and has to stop and turn away. So I told her its ok, we can cry together, so we did.
But then I get into my humor mode (I felt bad for making her cry) and we start laughing as we are still crying.
I was telling her all about how jealous I get over women that can wear "delicate" shoes. And how I wanted her to tell me they all had stinky feet.
She then tells me about watching Mother Angelica on the TV. I know Mother Angelica cause she is in Alabama, where my mothers family is from, and we went to her TV station once.
Mother Angelica is pretty cool, funny, sweet, nice lady.
Humor makes me feel good, and Mother Angelica makes Elaine feel good.

She told me how much she likes me, and how she has a connection with some of her clients, and I am one of them. We hugged right before I left. I cant help but be close to someone that rips hairs off of me...but besides all that...she really is a great and wonderful person.

So now I am back at work.
Feeling better.
Relaxed after a good cry and some good hair ripping pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home