.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, November 22, 2003

I had a doctor appt this morning but still needed to stop by the shelter before I went home. Brad was there but getting ready to leave when I got there. He walked down the kennels with me while I checked in on everyone.

He had a favorite he wanted to show me. A 7 month old German Shepard named Hennah. We both went in her kennel and sat with her. She walked in between us and laid down, just like Goli, likes to be in the middle of things. She didn't bark while I was there, just sits very sweetly. Brad said when he took her on the walk, she pulled him out, and when it was time to head back she didn't want to go and cried. So he sat down with her outside and spent time with her. He really liked her a lot. When we sat in the kennel with her, and she would cry a little, I'd tell her how she would be in a home in no time, laying on the bed with a new family, and how they would all love her. She is just so great to kiss and hug.





After Brad left, I asked someone what happened with Marco. They said they thought someone was going to adopt him, but at the last minute they changed their minds. Last time I saw him, I thought he had a cold. Turns out he has some allergies, and they are thinking about giving him some Benadryl. He seemed a little down last time, I thought because of the supposed cold, but this time it was obvious. He is depressed. So after Brad left I went in and sat with him. He didn't even raise his head, just laid there. So I just kept talking to him and petting him, and would lean over and kiss the top of his head. I felt so bad for him. Luckily one of the staff members was going to an event at a PetCo, and decided to take him with her. That perked him up a bit. He got to leave and go out for a car ride.

After that I went over to see Aussie. She was just as happy as ever and was very understanding of my spending time with Marco before her. She jumped up on my shoulders again to hug and just hang on me. We sat and played with some of her toys. We were having a good time, but then some people came through on the other side, so I threw her toy so she would run over and let them see her, and then stepped out while they had her attention.





Charlie was a big shaggy dog. Looked like a Snuffleupagus. He found a home while I was there!





Lady was a new puppy. Very soft and kissable.





Marge was fun. She was 3 or 4 I think. Really funny. We played and ran up and down the run together, I would dart around and she would get all excited and scoot around.





Cleo was next to Marge. Super active, but not too much. Very playful and kissy.





Sugar is another depressed dog. Everytime I see her she is laying down and doesn't move. She is a 5 year old Coon Hound. I spent a lot of time with her. Just sat there and talked real softly to her. After awhile she moved around, I took some pics. She is really soft. She started feeling more comfortable with me. Even leaned into me for a hug. Just a quiet shy girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home