.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, January 16, 2004

We've been fraudulized!

I think it's kinda cool in a weird way.
Like maybe its Al Qaeda! Whoo-hoo!

I had a message from credit card fraud when I got back from lunch.
There were several charges this morning on my ATM debit card in Haiti.
I only use that card for the ATM, never for purchases.
Brad and I both have our cards, they aren't missing.
I always keep my ATM receipts to give to Brad to balance our checking account with. And he shreds all that stuff. He loves to shred!

So its just weird. They actually made a card. They charged 28.52 at 6:40am EST, and then $370.73. They got bolder and went for $1188, and $1200, but they both got denied then.

So I called the card people, they are issuing new cards for us. And once the $28.52 and $370.73 post to our checking account, then I call claims to open a case with them, which should be any day now. THey will refund us the amounts once we open the case.

Iv'e never had anything like this happen before.
I found it kind of exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home