.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Brad's sister and family came for a visit last minute yesterday.
I like his sister a lot, and was excited about getting some time with our nephew Shawn as well as having their dog around our house.
We got up to go see the dogs, so that when we came back home, they could go to Ikea and the mall, while we watched Shawn and hung around the house.

Zoe, Abby, Paxton, Bear, Muffasa all got adopted! Gabe was gone, but was euthanized. I hate saying that, I half wanted to lie about it. The girl that told me got all choked up, she liked him a lot too. We both tried to understand the reasoning. Most of the pitbulls are mixes, he was pure pit. He wasn't a socialized dog, he was outside most of the time. Even though he was a sweet baby, people wonder and hesitate about pits. Could he snap, and just hadn't had the opportunity arise? I was fine when she told me, I think cause she was upset, so I remained open minded and neutral about it. But then later when I told JAG about it in the car I cried. I still kinda understand why they did it, and its much better to be put to sleep than to die in a dog fight, or in freezing weather or of starvation. He had food, attention, love, toys, died happy. Just Goli memories, same color, I guess it just triggered something.

Another sad note: Greta was back. I thought it looked and acted like Greta, but now she had a new name...which I forget already...cause she is Greta to me. I guess she had seperation anxiety, and it was too much for her new home. But on the good side...she already had a family that was interested in her and was on hold.
So anyway....

I walked Frank first a pitbull. 5 months old. Playful and sweet, beautiful. Already housetrained and knows "sit".

Brad asked me to check out a dog named Molly. She cowered from him. I tried to coax her out for a walk, and she didn't want to step outside her kennel. Nervous. So I went in a sat with her. A girl came by and said she was just brought in an hour ago. When she came in all the dogs barked at her and made her upset and scared. She still was shaken. Gorgeous face, looked like she had eyeliner on. Super soft fur, no shedding. Trimmed nails and smelled good. So turned in by someone not stray. I pulled her over to me and hugged her. Told her how she would have a home in time, and would have a very short stay here. Holding her made her relax a little. Then she laid down up against me. Still with the look of fear on her face. After relaxing a bit we were able to coax her out. Brad took her out for bit.


While he took Molly out for a walk, I took out a new dog Lucky. Cocker Spaniel. Already on hold by a family, hope it works out. Lucky looks like an Ewok. Curly, soft fur...so plushie! Playful, sweet. Little stump of a tail always wagging.


And last was a lab Brad really liked. Big sloppy dog named Corona. Very behaved. Likes to play toss with a tennis ball, and will give it back to you. Im holding the tennis ball up behind the camera. Such a sweet face, "TOSS IT! TOSS IT! TOSS IT!!!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home