.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, January 03, 2004

I went to walk the dogs before I went home, after work this morning.
Brad is still getting over his cold, so he stayed home.
I brought him a Wendy's hamburger on my way home.

The 2 rat terriers (the one that sat on my arm), as well as Nala, and Lucky (Sir Humps-a-lot) all got adopted this week!

Gabe was outside in the run when I got there.
Gorgeous pit bill. Very lean, short soft fur.
And such a bug sweet baby for such a big scary dog that he could be.
He has such a blockhead, like he could ram doors with it.
As tank-like as he is built...I dont think he knows it.
Another dog I was walking, got all in his face wanting to start something, and he just looked surprised like "Geez! What did I do?", instead of having the instinct of knowing who he was and how much carnage he could really do if he wanted to. When I was winding things up to go home, he was back in his kennel and I went and sat with him, for a little downtime for us both. I love short haired dogs. The fur is so soft, and I like being able to feel their body heat, its comforting, and snuggly. He has this dip between his eyes on his big blockhead, I can fit 2 fingers in. He is very snuggly, and just wanted his belly rubbed and to be scratched all over. Couldnt get enough of it. So surprising...such a sweet social dog. He was an outside dog. Didnt have much human interaction, but not standoffish from it, just a sweet baby.


I walked Paxton first. Beautiful dog. The bluest eyes I've seen on a dog. But still so much of a puppy. He is 7 months old. Lots of energy and a short attention span. I like dogs a little more mellow. Thats why I like older dogs. He has the white stripe on his nose like Goliath did.



Abby was next. Poor thing has heartworm. They took her to the vet after I walked her to clear it up. She is sweet and affectionate. JAG spent time with her last week. A good dog to have downtime with.


Bear was a big lumbering lab. Very wide dog. A little standoffish at first. He likes to make sure you really want him before he gives in. So I just grabbed his big body and gave him lots of tight hard hugs, then he started leaning into it. He smelled good. Just that good dog smell that I like. Eventually he rested his head on my arm as I hugged him firmly and kissed his face.


Tyson is a collie mix. Real sweet and kissy. But for some reason acted like he wanted to tear into Gabe when I was taking him out for a walk. Likes to act like a bad-ass with the other dogs for such a fluffy looking dog.


Muffasa has a real intense stare, and LOVES LOVES LOVES his belly being rubbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home