.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, December 27, 2003

Saw the dogs today.
Sugar (the sweet old coon hound), Tanner (the little fat sausage), and D-O-G got adopted!! I knew D-O-G would get snatched up but I was super happy for Sugar, and the fat little guy.

All the dogs had stockings hung on their kennels filled with dog treats. :)
While we were still in the front room signing in, one dog kept making noises and sounded like a monkey. Kept making me laugh. Ooooh-Ooooh-Ooooh-Ooooh-Ooooh! I went back to see who the monkey was, and it was Zoe. So I took her out first. Kind of a Snuffleupagus looking dog. More fuzzy than furry. She was happy outside, no more monkey noises.


Next I took out Lucky. Lucky is the dog that shit in his kennel last time, that I was cleaning up. He is described on their website as "a very affectionate guy". Translation...likes to hump a lot. When I first went to take him out he was fine. We walked over to the grass and he peed. Then just went hump crazy! He is a boxy lab and was trying to knock me over, and his claws kept digging into me. So I sat down, grabbed his collar in a tight fist pulling him down so he couldnt jump. Maybe he just needs attention, so instead of getting mad/grossed out. I just held him down while I petted him. I rubbed his face, and scratched him, but just wouldnt let him get on his feet. I mean look at his picture!!! You can see it in his eyes!! I imagine him talking in a French accent like Pepe Le Pew. "Ah, my little darling, it is love at first sight, is it not, no?" After that he was a bit better when it was time to take him back.


Next I took out 2 rat terrier puppies. They were so active I could only get a few shots of the white one. They were really funny. We went over to the building next door. They started barking and chasing leaves. Then they saw their reflection in the window of the building and both stood on their hind legs and barked at their reflections. Funny little guys. I sat down with them. They were so sweet, kissy and cuddly. The white one started jumping up and climbing me. Jumped up on my shoulder like a parrot. I was holding my arm out to give him more to hold onto, so then he started walking out on my arm, balanced his little self and just sat down. (I tried to get a pic of him sitting on my arm, but couldnt hold the camera far enough away to get it...the second shot of him, he is on my arm smirking)


Brad was coming outside with Nala and came over. He got to see the dog sitting on my arm as I held it out. Then he jumped off to go over and tell Nala who is boss since his little friend was scared of Nala. He was shaking and wanted me to hold him. Little spit fire that other one!


Rusty was the last that needed to go out. He's a bit older. When I sat down to play with him, he looked so surprised. "For me!!" And was so thrilled, backing up into me showing me what spots to scratch.


After I put Rusty back, I went to look for Brad, He was in a kennel sitting down with 3 puppies jumping all over him. At the end of the day we all need a puppy moment. I think back to the first Daily Show after 9/11, and the "moment of zen" was a puppy.

After that we ran some errands, rented Charlies Angels (fun movie), and ate steaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home