.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Since we were out late Friday night, I knew Brad would sleep in on Saturday.
Dreary dog walking day, but Happy (the pit bull from last week) got adopted!
I walked Panda first, another pit bull, he was friends with Happy. Beautiful dog.
It was raining as we walked, I walked us to a daycare place and we stood under the covered front door for a bit to dry off and hang out for a bit. His face his half black half white, and spots on his nose that looks like freckles.



Next I walked Blue. It started pouring as we were walking, my jeans got soaked and was sticking to me. He didn't like the rain, kept shaking like it was tickling him. We ducked under cover for a bit, rain didn't let up. After we got back I got a towel to rub him down and dry him off. Even gave him an extra blanket.



I walked a few more dogs. Then took a break to dry off, get out of my drenched rain jacket. I hung out in the kitchen with a young kid from the behavioral program that was filling the dog kongs with treats for them later in the day. Found out his mom is a smoker and he hates smoke. They have a cat, and he was bit by a pit bull when he was young and he is still a little scared of big dogs. Chatty nice kid. I really like those guys and really get the feeling the dogs love them too. Good age, not too young, not too old. Seem to really like animals, aren't rough with them at all. So I like them too. One of the older guys was with another kid in the laundry room giving a bath to poopy puppies. He had to wash his hands when he came back in from walking a dog because one of the kids said he picked up a dead squirrel to get rid of cause he was worried one of the dogs would use it as a chew toy. These guys really care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home