.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Active day with the dogs despite the cold weather.
Lots of new dogs since last week.
I took out Bandit first, a St Bernard mix. Big soulful droopy eyes,and yet very playful. Great dog to hug and kiss.





Then I walked Bentley, a Puggles, which is a Pug and something mix but I forget what...Beagle maybe?
He was a stocky little sausage. Likes to play tug-of-war with the leash and a lot stronger than he looks. But tug-of-war was as rough as he got, he was just really playful and excited. And makes lots of goofy faces because of his under bite.






Jonny is a big Mastiff mix. Like a big cowardly lion. Very hesitant and unsure of everything. He can pull really hard when he sees something he wants to go to, but still quite the big baby. He would lean into me for me to hug and kiss him, but then his tail was still dropped down between his legs and his back legs shivering. Beautiful dog.





I am always amazed about someone finding a stray Chihuahua. It's just too freezing here for such things!! He had some over-grown nails I clipped. They put a little sweater on him. Even for his small size he looked underweight. Just wants to be held, and the perfect size for it too. Soon as you put him down to leave he starts crying. The most sad sad cry too...I had thoughts of stealing him in my coat, and just stowing him in everyday to work with me.





Trixie and Ladybug are still there. I spent time with Trixie (german shepard) in her kennel with her. She laid in my lap and closed her eyes. I wanted to curl up and take a nap with her. She is on hold, so should find a home very soon. There was a scuffle as I was sitting with Trixie. After I left her kennel and looked into the kitchen area, Ladybug was getting her head cleaned off. Another dog named Nova apparently attacked her as they were passing each other and Nova bit into her head and she now has 2 small punctures. From what I heard she gave right back to Nova pretty good though. She has a cute name but doesn't take any shit. She got some treats out of the whole thing and some extra babying and totally milked it up. She was really good about people poking at her wounds and cleaning her up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home