.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I got in 2 interviews today.
One with the recruiter, and one with the company I used to work for.
The first one with the recruiter was a breeze, and usually is.
The second interview with the main company went well.
He was an intimidating guy but seemed to like me. He chased the recruiter out of the office without saying a word and just glaring at him....I felt bad for the kid (fresh out of college) Then went down a checklist of what I know and what I don't know and was willing to learn. I can work from home sometimes, he has a DBA that is working from home all summer since her kids are off from school. My other team mates are scattered around in other states and some work entirely from home. I would learn SAN and Oracle on the job. I would start out as a contractor with benefits for the first 6 months. 30% to 40% pay raise for me. He has a few other people he will be talking to this week , but I should hear something either Friday or Monday. The recruiter already got feedback from them that the interview went very well and they liked my work ethic and background. I think it looks really good, but we'll see.
I called the guy from another company that had called me last week to see if he had time to meet, but only left him a voice mail. So then I had lunch with a friend, and then lunch (since I ate, just hung out) with another friend. No return call from the 3rd place, so took the train home to unwind.
I'm tired but relieved.

My interview outfit today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home