.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, October 07, 2006

I worked 69 hours last week.
Thank god I am hourly with overtime and not salaried.
I don't think this week should be the usual kind of week, and a lot of it was of my own insistence, volunteering for more on-call, to be the one to stay on the late night bridge calls. I am doing okay, learning, jumping right in there with stuff. Meet the boss from Seattle and a new team member based in Atlanta next week.

I have some time in the mornings (usually) before things get busy. Time to get my coffee, run a few errands. There were quite a few middle of the night calls, several time where I would get 2-3 hours of sleep, get back up for 2-3 hours, and then get another 1.5 hours of sleep in. I am hoping to get back on a somewhat normal sleep schedule this week.

Thursday I was killing myself, it was a busy work day, 3 scheduled conference calls. But I felt bad being so busy this week and not spending time with Brad. So I ran and emptied the dishwasher, mowed the lawn, dropped off his shirts at the cleaners, went grocery shopping and made spinach pies for our dinner.

Friday morning was somewhat quiet so I went out browsing a costume shop and bought myself a bat mask.



Then I had a chance to have lunch with Brad, and walk along the river with him.



When Brad came home from work, I was on another work call, but wrapping it up. He brought me roses and iced coffee.



Later Friday was another busy one, 3 hour evening bridge call and then a 2am (Saturday) maintenance until 4am.

So today I was a bit of a zombie. But we still went out for breakfast and a few errands to spend some time together. Brad wanted to sand and touch up paint on the trim in the front of the house.
I was too tired to be much help but he wanted me outside with him, so we worked something out. I curled up in the back of the van while he did the garage. Took a nap.



Oh yeah and he made another great batch of chili.

4 Comments:

Blogger Contrary Guy said...

Bat mask... just like the chick from Ghost World!

10:31 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

her mask is neater
and i loved that movie

12:30 PM

 
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

The van picture looks like a camping trip gone bad. Or like y'all sneaked off in the middle of the night to sleep in the warm dry van

1:54 AM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

but it was sooooooo comfy
anything would be thought, i was wiped out

3:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home