.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Big rains today, lots of flooding trees blown down...and I'm out looking for condos to purchase. :)

I got my half of our savings account and was gonna at least open a Money Market account with it but found an even better deal I am really happy about. 11 month risk free CD with 4.41 interest and an annual percentage yield of 4.50. After 6 days I can take out all the money with no penalty if I want, and otherwise it will rollover every 11 months, and if it is ever no longer risk free they will tell me 30 days ahead of time and I can find something else to do with it.

Then I had an appt with a realtor to look at condos in Logan Square. Liked some, and loved loved loved one. But...the one I loved is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom, and a little over what I had in mind to spend, but I am still trying to figure out what I can afford, and maybe I can. Everything was all brand new, big jacuzzi tub, brightly colored rooms, lots of windows. So now I need to crunch numbers on what my monthly expenses are, how much I can put down now. Can I put more down later or would it be better to just pay extra each month and have it go towards the principal rather then refinance?

Had a good pain day, not as sore as I have been, but need to rest up and not push it so I can keep it this way.

Tomorrow is grocery and laundry day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Technodoll said...

..and don't forget a safe parking space for your cool car ;-) Good luck with the condo hunt, it sounds sooo exciting!!

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

its exciting and scary!

and figuring out what i can comfortably afford, and trying to get a good idea on what my monthly credit card bill should be

9:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home